Activity and function of the Section
District Magistrate discharges function as District Election Officer for election related activities. Hence, all activities of Office of the District Election Officer is undertaken and monitored from this section. Major activities round the year are summarised below:
Special Summary Revision of Photo Electoral Roll
- Summary Revision of Electoral Roll is conducted every year by the Election Commission of India in the month of August/September with reference to the 1st January of next year. Draft Electoral Roll is published at the beginning of each Special Summary Revision of Photo electoral Roll (SRER) followed by a pre-scheduled period for filing of claims and objections.
- During the period of claims ad objections, one officer named as Designated Officer (DO) sits at the polling station to receive claims and objections. BLO sits at polling station one special campaign days, meet the stake holders and enquires the claims and objections received.
- Form 6- Application for Inclusion of Name in Electoral Roll for first time Voter or Shifting from one Constituency to Another Constituency. Form 7- Application for Objecting Inclusion of Name of Other Person/Seeking Deletion of Own Name/Seeking Deletion of Any Other Person’s Name in Electoral Roll due to Death/Shifting. Form 8-Application for Correction to Particulars Entered in Electoral Roll
Form 8A-Application for Transposition of Entry in Electoral Roll (in case of Shifting from one Place of Residence to Another Place of Residence within Same Constituency).
- Elector may visit his/her nearest polling stations and submit his/her form.
There is option to submit claims and objection through online mode (http://www.nvsp.in/) also.
After disposal of all claims and objections, Final Electoral Roll is published in the month of January in next year with reflection of all inclusion, deletion and correction in the form of a supplement.
- Community Development schemes are undertaken in ITDP areas, service deficient areas and non-Scheduled areas for creation and upgradation of critical infrastructure that are required to improve the economy in tribal and backward areas under Article 275 (1) of the constitution.
- Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is distributed among newly enrolled electors on and from 25th January every year.
Continuous Updation of Electoral Roll
- The exercise of Continuous Updation continues throughout the year (except the period of SRER) where claims and objections are being submitted at the office of the Electoral Registration Officer.
- Elector may visit Block office, ERO Office or contact the BLO to submit his /her form.
He/She can also login to nvsp.in and submit his/her form through online mode.
Conduct of Election
- General Election to House of People & General Election to the Legislative Assembly - These elections are generally conducted at five year’s intervals. All the activities are conducted as per notification and direction of Election Commission of India and Office of the Chief electoral Officer, West Bengal.
- Bi Election: Conducted as per notification of Election Commission of India whenever necessity arises.
Celebration of National Voters Day (NVD)
National Voters Day is celebrated across the country to felicitate newly enrolled electors with electoral photo identity card (EPICs) and to refresh our pledge to strengthen functioning of democracy in our country as a whole with an objective to maximize inclusive and ethical participation of citizens in electoral processes. NVD is celebrated at every polling station, Block, Sub-Division & District HQ on 25th January every year through different programmes and activities e.g. cultural programmes, quiz, extempore competition, felicitation of best performing EROs, BLOs etc.
Enrolment of Service Voter in the last part of electoral roll:
- Registration of Service Elector is being done through online portal (http://servicevoter.nic.in/) through which service personnel (Defence service/Armed Police/Foreign Service) could apply through their respective Record offices.
- All such applications are sent to EROs for disposal through the Office of the District Election Officer.
- BLO House to House Survey: Conducted in every year for updation of polling station related data to ascertain population, left out electors eligible for inclusion, prospective electors who will be eligible for inclusion in next year and identifying details of corrections required in general information of Electoral Roll and that of particulars of electors.
- Sit and Draw Competition: This competition is organised on Teacher’s Day (5th September) at different levels e.g. School, Block, Sub Division, District Head Quarter, State and National Level for students of 14-17 years’s age group. Election Commission of India selects themes in each year for generating awareness among the participants on different aspects of basic electoral literacy.
- ECI National Level Quiz: This programme has been introduced from 2017 and was organized at various tiers starting from School, Block, District, State and Natonal levels to educate school students on basic electoral literacy. Would be electors i.e students of age group of 14-17 year’s are the target group of this programme.
Citizen Services offered by the Section
Any citizen can make a complaint through toll free number (1950) or in written form or personally. He/She is guided by the district complaint management team and complaints are being addressed:
Details of Officials of District Complaint Management Team:
|Sl.||Name||Designation||Designation 1||Contact No|
|01||Sri Surajit Bose, WBCS (Exe)||Additional District Magistrate (General)||ADM-in-Charge, Complaints||033-25846205||admg24p[at]gmail[dot]com|
|02||Sri Prem Bibhas Kansari, WBCS (Exe)||Officer-in-Charge, Election||Officer-in-Charge, Complaint||033-25846230||complaint.elecn24[at]gmail[dot]com|
|03||Sri Sushanta Nandy,||UDA||Dealing Assistant||033-25846231||complaint.elecn24[at]gmail[dot]com|
citizen can also lodge complaint through online mode in following two(2) links i.e:
All the complaints are disposed in a time bound manner and with an intimation to the complainant .
District Contact Centre:
As per direction of Election commission of India, District contact Centre (DCC) has been introduced at the Office of the District Magistaret & District Election Officer. It is operational on all working days and one official is posted at DCC to guide and help citizens on election related issues through phone, e-Mail and face to face interaction. Any citizen can personally visit to District Contact Centre or call in toll free number (1950).
|District Contact Centre||1950|
Permanent EPIC Centres:
Permanent EPIC Centre are operational at all Sub-Divisions where any citizen can get his duplicate EPICs for damaged or lost cases. The contact details are as follows:
|Sl.||Name of the Sub-Dvision||Name of the Officer looking after PEC||Designation||Contact No||Name of the Staff||Designation||Contact No|
|01||Barasat||Smt.Madhumita Singh Ghosh, WBCS (Exe)||Deputy Magistrate & Deputy Collector||033-25846218||Sushanto Halder||Computer Operator||033-25846398|
|02||Barrackpore||Sri Samik Ghosh, WBCS (Exe)||Deputy Magistrate & Deputy Collector||033-25921566||Parimal Biswas||Data Entry Operator||033-25921566|
|03||Basirhat||Sanjay Hawlader, WBCS (Exe)||Deputy Magistrate & Deputy Collector||03217-265297||Bagbul Islam||SHC||03217-265297|
|04||Bongaon||Sri Santanu Biswas WBCS (Exe)||Deputy Magistrate & Deputy Collector||03215-255046||SRI MANAS CHAKRABORTY||UDA||03215-255046|
|05||Bidhannagar||Sri Satyabrata Halder, WBCS (Exe.)||Deputy Magistrate & Deputy Collector||033-23596097||Sri Niranjan Shaw||Data Entry Operator||033-23596097|
Voter Facilitation Centres at Blocks (VFC):
Voter facilitation Centres are located at each and every Block manned by dedicated officials. VFC facilitates citizens on Registration process for filling up Forms, answering queries related to election, grievance redressal etc.
Contact Details of VFCs of North 24 Parganas:
|Sl.||Name of the Block||Name of the Officer/Official looking after VFC||Designation||Contact No|
|01||Habra-I||Dipankar Ghosh||Co - Oprative Inspector||bdohabra1[at]gmail[dot]com||953216-237040|
|04||Barasat-I||Sanjib Chakraborty||Co - Oprative Inspector||bdobst1[at]gmail[dot]com||(033)2552-3344|
|06||Deganga||Prabal Roy||Dy. Sec||bdodeganga[at]gmail[dot]com||953216-242243|
|07||Rajarhat||Sudipta Chakraborty||Co - Oprative Inspector||rajarhatbdo[at]gmail[dot]com||(033)2573-6386|
|08||Barrackpore-I||Syed Moksudur Chowdhury||PDO||barrackpore1[at]gmail[dot]com||(033)2581-2317|
|10||Swarupnagar||Tapas Kr. Mandal||Jt. BDO||bdoswarupnagar[at]gmail[dot]com||953217-253369|
|11||Baduria||Smt. Srabani Dutta||LLEMOE||bdobaduria[at]gmail[dot]com||953217-238462|
|14||Sandeshkhali-I||Sudhir Sankar Bhattacharyya||PDO||bdosandeshkhali1[at]gmail[dot]com||953217-252405|
|15||Sandeshkhali-II||Bhaskar Dhali||Insp BCW||bdosdk2[at]gmail[dot]com||953217-262050|
|20||BDO, Bongaon||Palash Kanti Biswas||A.O., BDO, Bongaon||bongaonbdo[at]gmail[dot]com||953215-255059|
|21||BDO, Bagdah||Ashok Kumar Barai||C.I., BDO, Bagdah||bdobagdah[at]gmail[dot]com||953215-263244|
|22||BDO, Gaighata||JIBON KANAI MONDAL||Jt. BDO, Gaighata||bdogaighata[at]gmail[dot]com||953215-250048|
|23||Rajarhat||Hasnat Ali||JT. BDO||rajarhatbdo[at]gmail[dot]com||(033)2573-6386|
Glimpses of SVEEP Activities in the District
Rally organised at Barasat as a part of SVEEP activities during SRER-2018
Tableau of District during
Few Moments of Friendly Cricket Match between District Election Officer XI Vs Journalist XI as a part of SVEEP Programme during SRER 2018
District Election Officer during inauguration of the Cricket Match
District Innitiative and Various meeting with various wings of Service Electors for facilitating their registration process:
Glimpses of Awareness generation activities of Service Personnel
- District Magistrate & District Election Officer, Ms Antara Acharya,IAS has been awarded National Award-2017 for Best Electoral Practices in Electoral Roll category from Hon’ble President of India on NVD i.e. 25th January,2018.
Health Indices of Electoral Roll of Different Assebmly Constituenccies
|No||Name||Male||Female||Third Gender||Total||EP ratio||Gender Ratio||% 18-19|
|95||BONGAON UTTAR (SC)||120186||115676||3||235865||0.72||962||2.67|
|96||BONGAON DAKSHIN (SC)||118701||113262||4||231967||0.71||954||2.98|
|110||DUM DUM UTTAR||123747||124392||7||248146||0.66||1005||1.89|
|115||RAJARHAT NEW TOWN||127602||121050||7||248659||0.79||949||2.23|
Officials and Staffs
|Sri Prem Bibhas Kansari, WBCS (Exe)||Officer-in-Charge||033-25846230|
|Sri Chandan Chatterjee||System Manager||033-25846232|
|Sri Mriganka Bal||SHC||033-25846231|
|Sri Shushanta Nandy||UDA||033-25846231|
|Sri Chandan Ghosh||UDA||033-25846231|
|Swapan Kumar Kar||Gr-D||033-25846231|