Activity and function of the Department
- The Department of SHG&SE was set up in July 2006 by an amendment in the West Bengal Rule of Business (Notification no. 196 Home (Cons.) R2R (Cons.)-10/06 dt.12.07.2006.
- Institutions under the administrative control of this Department:-West Bengal Swarojgar Corporation Limited (WBSCL)
- Implementation of Swami Vivekananda Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa(SVSKP) to generate self- employment to the unemployed youths.
- To provide Interest Subsidy for Self Help Groups through the schemer namely WBSSP to reduce interest burden on loan obtained from Banks.
- To provide skill-up gradation training and vocational training.
- Training cum Marketing Complex named Karmatirtha.
- Organising State level Sabala Mela and district level Sabala Mela.
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme for SHGs (SAMAJSATHI).
- A project named "Muktidhara" has been launched to eradicate poverty of SHG members.
Main Activities of this Department:
- The Department of Self Help Group & Self Employment is implementing S.V.S.K.P. through Society for West Bengal Swarojgar Corporation Limited, West Bengal that is wholly owned by the Government. The objective of the scheme is to generate self employment in urban and rural areas of the state through promotion of tiny scale units of production, manufacturing, trade, service, agro based industries etc. The scheme provides for Govt. subsidy of 30% of project cost subject to a maximum of Rs. 1.5 lakh in case of individuals and Rs.2.5 lakhs in case of groups. The maximum project cost for individual application is Rs. 10 lakh and for groups the project cost is Rs.25 lakhs. The scheme is applicable to all unemployed youths within the age of 18 to 45 years which want to generate a new income by setting up small scale units or revive or improve in existing unit. The scheme is monitored by District and Block Official and also by the P.I.C. set up for each Block and Municipality.
- West Bengal Swarojgar Sahayak Prokalpa (WBSSP)-The State Government in the Department of Self Help Group & Self Employment has announced the interest subsidy scheme known as "The West Bengal Swanirbhar Sahayak Prakalpa" w.e.f. 01.04.2009. nder the scheme, all Self Help Groups under Bank Linkage Programme and Groups under the SVSKP are entitled to benefit. Besides, all Self Help Groups covered by the project based group scheme of N.R.L.M. & N.U.L.M. will be benefited under the scheme. The objective of the scheme is to provide interest subsidy, which will be the difference between 4% and the actual interest, charged by the Banks on the loan to Self Help Groups, covered under the scheme. In effect, these categories of Self Help Groups will have to pay only 4% interest on their loans.
- Training Programmes for Self Help Groups-The Department has organized several Training Programmes for Self Help Groups and Unemployed youths on different trades viz. Mobile Repairing, Tailoring, Leather goods making, Food Processing, Beautician, Computer Basic, Jute Products, Soft toys, Mushroom Cultivation, Maching Embroidery, Fabric Training, Dry Flower Making, Paper Bag Making, Ornamental Fish Training etc. Recently WBSCL have been empaneled 26 nos. of agencies for conducting training in various trade of this department. The list of this empaneled agencies are given below serial no 9.
- Training cum Marketing Complex Karmatirtha-This Department has undertaken a programme of setting up of projects of Training-cum-Marketing Complex in the districts and sub-divisional headquarters under RIDF and State Plan to facilitate training of SHGs for Skill Development and for marketing of their products. This also includes setting up of Marketing Complexes under the brand name KARMATIRTHA, in various locations both in Rural & Urban areas.
- Organising of Fairs and Exhibitions-Fairs and exhibitions are organized on regular basis to open up avenues for marketing the products of self employed entrepreneurs.The Department organises State level and District level Sabala Mela. Cultural programmes are also held every evening to make the fair more attractive.A few selected SHGs and individual Entrepreneurs take part in India International Trade Fair every year. Apart from this, a large number of SHGs take part in the Fairs organized by different State Government Departments and various Fairs organized by NGOs etc.
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme for SHGs (SAMAJSATHI)-The state Government has undertaken an initiative-SAMAJSATHI, a personal accident insurance scheme for SHG members of the state. The task in this regard has been entrusted to the SHG&SE Department as the Nodal Department and WBSCL as the Implementing agency. Age limit-18-60 years.
- Muktidhara-The Department undertook a Sustainable Livelihood Project named’ Muktidhara’ during 2012-13. It has been initially implemented specially in Purulia & Paschim Medinipur district to create and maintain sustainable livelihood of SHG members as to alleviate their poverty and to develop them economically. The project is being implemented in association with NABARD. This project is going to be implemented in 7 more districts of the State namely Howrah, Hooghly, North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Nadia, Murshidabad & Burdwan.
Citizen services offered by the Department
|Sl. No||Services||Criteria||Brief Process||Contact Person||Contact Person Ph No||Application Form|
|All the Block/Municipality wise Supervisors location and contact details are available in Official and Staff Section|
Running Schemes by the Department
|Min and max age group||Min qualification||Annual income ceiling in Rs||Scheme Details||Training info||Gender||Category (SC/ST/OBC/Minority)||Contact Person details||Form Details||How To Apply|
|18-45 years||Class 8th Standard||1,80,000/-||SVSKP||As per Serial No. III||Not mentioned as per guideline||Not mentioned as per guideline||Respective Block/Municipality Supervisors||Form available at respective Block/Municipality||Contact respective Block/Municipality Supervisor, SHG & SE|
Scheme wise target and achievement
|Particulars||Target||No of Cases||Total Project cost involved in sanctioned cases (Rs in Lakh)||Subsidy involved in sanctioned cases (Rs in Lakh)||Subsidy released||Disbursement|
|Sponsored||Sancioned||No of Cases||Amount||No of Cases||Amount|
Event / Awareness
Permanent Hoarding of SHG & SE Department
Sabala Mela' 2016 at Barasat-II & Gaighata Dev. Block
Deptt. Training of Jute Product Mfg., Tailoring at Barasat-II Block & Jute Product Mfg. at Madhyamgram Muni
Karmatirtha under SHG & SE Department at Barasat-I Development Block
List of Empanelled agencies by WBSCL
|Sl. No.||Name of Institute||Address||Contract No.|
|1||Naihati Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Society||Gorifa Netaji Subhas More,
Malancha, P.O-Hazinagar, Pin- 743135
|2||Dakshin Chatra Sri Ramkrishna Vivekanda Sevasram||P.0. - Dakshin Chatra, Pin - 743247||9153499942|
|3||Holy Mission For Children's
Welfare & Rural Development
|Rash Behari School Road||9432970314|
|4||Nic Institute Of Technology||Rajarhat, Pin-700135||033- 22110001/0178|
|5||Excel Infocom Pvt. Ltd||E 405,City Centre, DC Block, Sector-I, Kolkata-700064||867777794/033-23589107|
|6||Esha||Bd-319, Kolkata 700064||9830296577|
|7||Satyen Mitra Jana Siksha Samiti||2/14, Chi Ear Park, Rajarhat, Kolkata
|8||Pentacle System Pvt. Ltd||Action Area-1, Kolkata 700156||9874584660|
|9||Ascensive Educare Pvt. Ltd.||Bf-32, 2nd Floor, Kolkata-700064||8336902872|
|10||Balibhara Sarada Women’s
|Vill-Balivara Paschim Para, P.O-
|11||Atghara Jyoti Mohila Udyog||P.O-Rajarhat Gopalpur, Kol-136||9163356900|
|12||Database Solutions Pvt. Ltd||63, Ghosh Para Road, Barrakpore, Kolkata-120||033-68888102|
|13||VI Ryual Global Education Ltd||DN 18, Salt Lake, Sec-V, Kolkata-
|14||Salt Lake Institute Of
Engineering & Management
|G N 34/2, Ashram Building, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091||9830524535|
|15||Indus Integrated Information Management Limited||AE-369, Sector- I, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700064||9674521533|
|16||Apparel Training And Design
|Plot No. 38, Block-LA, Sec- III, Salt Lake, Kol 98||9830239715/ 033 23359820|
|17||Ramkrishna Vivakananda Mission||7 Riverside Road, Kolkata-700120||03325920547|
|18||Dakshin Chandpur Child Development Mission||Vill Dakshin Chandpur, P.O
Makhalgachia, Pin 743422
|19||Brainware Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.||Plot Y8, Block-EP, Salt Lake, Kolkata-
|20||Enterprise Development Institute||194, Block ID, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700106||033-23357258|
|21||Social Engineering And Advanced
Tecnical Education (Senate)
|Bb-127, Pin 700064||9123646270/8017548838|
|22||Ramkrishna Mission Samajsevak
|Belur Math, P.O.- Belur Math, P.S.
Bally, Dist. Howrah, Pin- 711202
|23||Pranavananda Institute Of Management & Technology||83, Harish Mukherjee Road, Kolkata
|24||Keya Seth College Of Beauty||23, Old Ballygaunge 2nd Lane (Near -
Ballygunge Phari), Kol 700019
|25||Aces Infotech (P) Ltd.||71-R, Alipur Road, Kol-700027||03324799822/1467|
|26||Raja Bazar Education &
Awareness Development Society
|2 B/ H/5O, Gas Street Kol-700009||9831274907, 9874052663|
Officials and Staffs
|01||Urmi Dey Biswas||District SHG & SE Officer||8336959137|
|Supervisor, SHG & SE|
|02||Ashok Biswas||District Cell||9830530890|
|03||Avijit Banik||Bongaon Block||9232692993|
|03||Arijit Kumar Dutta||Barasat-II Block||9932250765|
|04||Souhik Dey||Habra-I Block||9874705875|
|05||Tarak Banerjee||Deganga Block||9433276035|
|06||Tarun Majumder||Habra-II Block||9339929321|
|07||Arijit Dey||Barasat_I Block||9932374869|
|08||Sarmistha Das||Barrackpore-II Block||9432329673|
|09||Runa Parvin||Bashirhat-II Block||9734357072|
|10||Manab Mondal||Minakhan Block||9088569060|
|11||Pijush Kanti Baidya||Swarupnagar Block Addl. Baduria Block & Baduria Muni.||9474020296|
|12||Khaerul Alam||Hasnabad Block Addl. Taki Mun.||9732709063|
|13||Raju Biswas||Bashirhat-I Block Addl-Basirhat Mun.||8116139002|
|14||Saibal Dey||Gaighata Block||8013063410|
|15||Soumen Basu||Hingalganj Block||9007456607|
|16||Tanmay Tarafder||Rajarhat Block||8100979367|
|17||Goutam Sammadder||Sandeshkhali-I Block||9874304325|
|18||Rajkumar Saha||Bagdah Block||9883807933|
|19||Kali kinkar Ghosh||Sandeshkhali-II Block||9609376174|
|20||Momtaj Begam||Amdanga Block||7890649746|
|21||Asuhtosh Das||Haroa Block||9163603088|
|22||Moumita Mondal (Dey)||Madhyamgram Muni. Addl- Barrackpore-I Block||9903814041|
|23||Amrita Pramanik||South Dum Dum Muni.||8013835550|
|24||Bappa Naskar||Bhatpara Muni. Addl. Garulia Muni.||9836536423|
|25||Payel Nandy||Ashoknagar Kalyangarh Muni.||9432148809|
|26||Rini Khanra||New Barrackpore Muni.||8902186353|
|27||Arup Das||Panihati Muni. Addl. Halisahar Muni.||9804413200|
|28||Deya Mitra||Habra Mun.||9830710058|
|29||Farque Ajam||North Barrackpore Muni. Addl-Barrackpore Muni.||9153713050|
|30||Bichitra Mahanto||Dum Dum Muni. Addl-Baranagar Muni.||8296904708|
|31||Payel Santra||Barasat Muni. Addl. Bidhannagar Muni.||9735640590|
|32||Titagarh Muni.||Sayera Khatun||9143117505|
|33||Apurba Saha||Gobardanga Muni.||7278942322|
|34||Ayan Das||Bongaon Muni.||8759521790|
|35||Jharna Chakraborty(Kar)||Naihati Muni. Addl-Kancharapara Muni.||9339396252|
|36||Moumita Dev||North Dum Dum Muni.||9830948368|
|37||Supria Barua||Kamarhati Muni.||8013544235|
|38||Somnath Paul||Rajarhat Gopalpur Muni.||9775847967|
|Prakalpa Sahayak, SVSKP|
|Prakalpa Sahayaks are posted different Block/Municipalities|