|Name of the Department/Section||
PMEGP Section, District Industries Centre,
North 24 Pgs under the Department of MSME&T, Govt. of West Bengal
|Name of the Officer-in- charge||
Sri. Amal Kumar Dutta, Project Manager (EDF), D.I.C, North 24 Parganas
Office of the General Manager, District Industries Centre,
Hatipukur Road, P.O.+ P.S - Barasat,
North 24 Parganas
Kolkata - 700124
Landline - (033) 25527027/7028/7022
Mobile No. - Mobile No.- 7001759242
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Citizens/Public Services/Schemes
Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
- Eligibility :
The followings may apply for loan under PMEGP Scheme:
1. Any individuals above 18 years of age
2. Class-VIII Pass certificate neededforproject cost above Rs.10.00 lakhs in Manufacturing Sector and above Rs.5.00 lakhs for Service Sector)
3. Self Help Groups
4. Institutions Registered under Societies Registration Act- 1860
5. Production based Co-operative Societies
6. Charitable Trusts
- How to apply :
1. One may apply for loan in PMEGP from KVIC website https://www.kviconline.gov.in/pmegpeportal/pmegphome/index.jsp
2. The application along with required certificate/documents need to be uploaded to the above-mentioned web portal at the time application.
3. The application will be placed before concerned authority i.e DIC/KVIB/KVIC.
- Workflow :
1. Application submitted by Entrepreneur through PMEGP Portal (online) to DIC/KVIB/KVIC fold.
2. Uploading of requisite documents at PMEGP portal during online application.
3. Verification of documents at DIC/KVIB/KVIC fold.
4. Verified application are sponsored to Financing Bank (as mentioned by entrepreneur in his/her application).
5. Field level enquiry by Bank.
6. Sanction of PMEGP proposal by Bank.
7. EDP training (Online/Offline).
8. EDP certificate to be submitted to financing bank.
9. Financing Bank start loan disbursement
10. Subsidy claimed by Financing Bank.
- Whom to contact for queries/clarification/grievance :
The General Manager, District Industries Centre, North 24 Pgs.
Sri. Amal Kumar Dutta, Project Manager (EDF), District Industries Centre, North 24 Pgs.
Sri. Biplab Bhowmik, Industrial Development Officer, District Industries Centre, North 24 Pgs.
Industrial Development Officer of respective Block/Municipality
- Statistical achievement of last FY :
For FY 2020-21
1. Sponsored Cases – 791 Nos
2. Sanctioned Cases - 43 Nos
3. Disbursed Cases – 54 Nos (including spilled over cases from FY 2019-20)
- Referral website link of Department :
Success Story/ case Study/ Any unique initiative
Case Study of Sri. GourabMondal:
After completion of education, Sri Gourab Mondal s/o Sri Goutam Mondal, Vill-Subhas Pally, PO+PS-Duttapukur, Dist.-North 24 Pgshad tried for a job in a govt./ private sector. But could not manage any suitable job. After passing two years in this way, he set up his mind to become an entrepreneur. He came to DIC, North 24 Pgs for consultation. He has some knowledge over manufacturing of jewellery boxes as there are some units on the same type of activities in his locality. He applied for PMEGP loan through online as per advice and guidance of DIC officials. Subsequently the Bank of Baroda, Duttapukur Branch financed on the project. He started his unit in the year 2019 and running his unit successfully. At present about 55 no of workers are working in his unit. Already he developed a website. Now, he is getting orders from various parts of India.
He is very happy with his project and now trying to expand his unit by getting second loan from PMEGP scheme.This is how, he becomes an employer instead of an employee.